Set sail once again for a rave in the woods with the award winning, world famous Big Fish Little Fish family ravers and their shipmates Camp Bestival as they bring drum and bass legend DJ Aphrodite to Groombridge Place (with local hero DJ Luli providing eclectic mix of acid house, techno, house). For families with 0-8 year olds (though all ages welcome) as part of the ‘Around the World in 18 Raves’ Camp Bestival warm up tour.
Avast ye land lubbers and dance together on a woodland dance floor filled with bubbles, balloons, glitter and topped by the parachute dance! Get nautically crafty on the Captain Cookie Craft tables, enjoy a bit of sea leave in the baby chill out or play areas or a tot of something at the licensed bar. Chance to win a family ticket to Camp Bestival and have fun with their photo booth.
Optional fancy dress: nautical/piratical
All this and home by teatime!
With licensed bars, great food on sale and a chill out area for babies there is something for everyone. As this is an outdoor event we can only accept cash as payment, Please also note appropriate clothing must be worn depending on the weather. Prams/Buggies cannot be taken into the Rave area as space is limited – the buggy park will be just outside the event space and is outdoors.
Shiver me timbers – these parties sell out fast. ‘Reliably excellent’ – the Guardian, ‘magical…credible music’ – Time Out, 2014 – 2017 Best Family Event – National Family Arts Festival Awards’
Big Fish Terms and Conditions
By booking this event you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- This event is outdoors so please wear clothes appropriate to the weather.
- Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
- For families with younger children (8s and under) though all ages are welcome.
- Adult only groups are not admitted . A max of 3 children per adult in a family. If attending as a birthday party please ensure one adult to two children minimum.
- If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email [email protected] for pre-approval before buying tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred/sold on.
- Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed). Will cost more on the door (if tickets available).
- Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating and the event space is open woodland with uneven dirt floors.
- Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance.
- Buggies must be left in buggy park outside the event space – which is open air – and will not be allowed on the dance floor.
- We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF promotion purposes.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages welcome but acitivities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind. Music is played at safe levels for everyone.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Groombridge Place uses the adjacent fields as car parks for this event.
How Loud will it be?
BFLF sets and monitors the volume using World Health Organisation guidelines – so that is it at a safe level for everyone, even the youngest babies, over the 2.5 hour duration of the event. Though quieter than at adult events, it is still loud enough to feel like you are at a festival. Most parents do not use ear defenders on their children but if yours are particularly sensitive to noise or if you want them to nap then you might want to consider it.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
[email protected] or Groombridge Place.
What’s the refund policy?
There is a no refund policy but if you are unable to attend you may sell your tickets to someone else.